UPDATE January 31st: Roaring Camp has reopened open in accordance with Santa Cruz County Covid-19 regulations.
To redeem credit from a cancelled train, book online as usual, enter “promo code” at check out. The promo code was emailed to you. If you have a problem redeeming your credit, please contact us at 831-335-4484.
We have modified various areas within the park and will be operating in accordance with the health and safety regulations set forth by Santa Cruz County and the State of California health officials.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our utmost priority. With that in mind, please read the following to help alleviate any questions or concerns regarding reopening.
- All staff will complete a Covid-19 questionnaire and be screened for symptoms prior to the start of their work day, including a temperature wellness check.
- Guests will check-in at our front gate after parking where they will be asked to complete a quick Covid-19 questionnaire for their party.
- Additional non-invasive screenings for guests and temperature checks will be conducted to those who are showing symptoms of Covid-19.
- All guests and staff will be required to wear a face covering while inside the perimeter of the park and train cars as stated in county health regulations.
- Children age two and up are required to wear a face covering per California State regulations.
- Park capacity has been limited and will be controlled by a reservation only policy to ensure distancing protocols. BUY TICKETS
- All lines and waiting areas will be marked to maintain social distancing requirements.
- Guest flow will be managed with directional signage and markers to ensure socially distancing can be maintained.
- Seating on board the train, in food locations and seating areas around the park will be socially distanced and cleaned frequently throughout the day in accordance with county and state regulations.
- Train trips will board and unload in different zones to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
Sanitization and Cleaning Protocols
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations and hand wash stations will be available throughout the park.
- Common touch points will be frequently sanitized throughout the day.
- Roaring Camp is encouraging cashless transactions and will have technology available to accept credit card transactions to limit person to person contact.
- Train cars will be thoroughly cleaned before guests will be seated.
Signage and Communication
- Social distancing signage and reminders to wear a mask and wash or sanitize your hands will be placed throughout the park.
- Social distancing markers and directional signage will be placed throughout the park to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Ticketing will only be available online or over the phone and tickets will be scanned with touchless devices from guests’ phone or confirmation print out.
- Roaring Camp has implemented mandatory health and safety Covid-19 training for all staff.
Train Ride Specific Protocols
- Waiting and boarding areas will be marked for social distancing.
- Tickets will be available only online or by the phone and no tickets will be printed. Instead, guests will be asked to show tickets or confirmation from their phone or home print out. Tickets will be scanned with touchless devices to limit contact.
- Loading and unloading zones will be separated to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Train capacities are limited and parties will be boarded one at a time and seated at a minimum of 6 feet apart.
- Train cars, surfaces and touch points will be sanitized between every trip.
- Only outdoor open air cars will be used for seating.
Beach Train (Returning Spring 2021)
- Layovers are 1 hour unless you leave at 10:15 AM in which you can choose to have a 5 hour layover on the beach and return to Felton on the 4:15 PM train departing from the Beach one way to Felton.
- Boarding at the Boardwalk will happen just outside of Entrance 3 near the tracks. Please maintain social distancing while waiting to board the train.
- The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk has implemented capacity restrictions at their site. If capacity is reached, some activities and areas may be unavailable until other guests exit the area. Additional restrooms are available on Beach Street near the entrance to the beach and wharf. Please adhere to all social distancing and mask protocols while at the Boardwalk.
- Departing from the Boardwalk to Felton, you may park in the main parking lot of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on Beach St. across from Neptune’s Kingdom. Parking Weekdays: $15, Weekends/Holidays: $20
- Please have Reservations available on phone or printed out prior to departure. Tickets will not be sold on site at the Boardwalk.
Food Service Location Specific Protocols
- Georgies Cookhouse will be open with a limited menu. You can also pre-purchase a bag lunch with your online ticket reservation.
- Plexi-glass shields have been installed in all order and pick up windows to reduce interaction.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols for all surfaces and touch points.
- Safe food delivery methods and take out containers issued to remove unnecessary contact.
- All employees wear an apron, mask and gloves at all times.
- Eating areas will be socially distanced and cleaned between every use.
- Shared condiment area has been removed and condiments and utensils will come individually sealed with order.
Retail Location Specific Protocols
- Capacity has been limited in retail location and markers and directional areas will be used for guest traffic control to ensure social distancing.
- Merchandise areas have been rearranged to maximize space.
- Only cashless transactions will be accepted.
- Lines and cues to enter and exit will be marked to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available from touchless dispensers at entrance and exit to the retail location.
- Annual Passholders: Annual passholders that purchased their passes prior to June 26, 2020 will have their valid pass dates extended by 102 days from the date of purchase.
- Currently all special events have been postponed in accordance with county and state regulations. Stay tuned for more information as we approach event dates.
- Kids Club activities will be limited.
- Dogs will not be allowed on the property at this time.
- Surrounding areas including Henry Cowell State Park and trails around Bear Mountain are open to the public and dogs.