UPDATE August 9, 2021: We will be aligning with the new state “Beyond the Blueprint” guidelines regarding capacity limits and social distancing. Under this new guidance, trains will once again operate at full capacity without six feet of distance between passengers. Masks are required inside all buildings on Roaring Camp property and aboard train cars.
To redeem credit from a canceled train, book online, as usual, enter “promo code” at check out. The promo code was emailed to you. If you have a problem redeeming your credit, please contact us at 831-335-4484.
- All staff will complete a Covid-19 questionnaire and be screened for symptoms prior to the start of their work day, including a temperature wellness check.
- Guests will check-in at our ticket office in the center of town.
- Additional non-invasive screenings for guests and temperature checks will be conducted to those who are showing symptoms of Covid-19.
- All guests will be required to wear a face covering while riding on the train cars as stated in county health regulations regarding public transportation and while inside any of the buildings.
- All staff will be required to wear a face covering at all times while inside the perimeter of the park and while aboard the train.
- Children age two and up are required to wear a face covering per California State regulations, while aboard the train or inside.
- Trains will operate at full capacity without six feet of distance between passengers.
- Guest flow will be managed with directional signage and markers to ensure socially distancing can be maintained.
- Seating in food locations and seating areas around the park will be socially distanced and cleaned frequently throughout the day in accordance with county and state regulations.
Sanitization and Cleaning Protocols
- Hand sanitizer stations and hand wash stations will be available throughout the park.
- Common touch points will be frequently sanitized throughout the day.
- Roaring Camp is encouraging cashless transactions and will have technology available to accept credit card transactions to limit person to person contact.
- Roaring Camp has implemented mandatory health and safety Covid-19 training for all staff.
Train Ride Specific Protocols
- Waiting and boarding areas will be marked for social distancing.
- Layovers are 1 hour unless you leave at 10:15 AM in which you can choose to have a 5 hour layover on the beach and return to Felton on the 4:15 PM train departing from the Beach one way to Felton.
- Boarding at the Boardwalk will happen just outside of Entrance 5 near the tracks. Please maintain social distancing while waiting to board the train.
- Departing from the Boardwalk to Felton, you may park in the main parking lot of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on Beach St. across from Neptune’s Kingdom. Parking Weekdays: $15, Weekends/Holidays: $20
- Please have Reservations available on phone or printed out prior to departure.
Food Service Location Specific Protocols
- Georgies Cookhouse will be open with a limited menu. You can also pre-purchase a bag lunch with your online ticket reservation.
- Plexi-glass shields have been installed in all order and pick up windows to reduce interaction.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols for all surfaces and touch points.
- Safe food delivery methods and take out containers issued to remove unnecessary contact.
- All employees wear an apron, mask and gloves at all times.
Retail Location Specific Protocols
- Merchandise areas have been rearranged to maximize space.
- Lines and cues to enter and exit will be marked to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available from dispensers at entrance and exit to the retail location.
- Annual Passholders: Annual passholders that purchased their passes prior to June 26, 2020 will have their valid pass dates extended by 102 days from the date of purchase.
- Kids Club activities will be limited.
- Dogs allowed.
- Surrounding areas including Henry Cowell State Park and trails around Bear Mountain are open to the public and dogs.